"TV Loves You Back" review [Pasta Primavera]

Restiform Bodies
by laurent the laurent
on October 22, 2008

Restiform Bodies, a three piece indie hip hop act from Oakland comprised of Passage, Telephone Jim Jesus, and Bomarr, have recently put out their long awaited sophomore album on anticon. entitled TV Loves You Back. This album throws analog synth, tape loops, samples, indie rock, and hip hop into a toxic blender and spits out bright neon mind splatter. Sometimes sounding like El-P, sometimes sounding like Depeche Mode, it’s taken me a while for me to get my head around what’s going on on TV Loves You Back. I don’t think I have still. Without a doubt I enjoy it, or I would have turned it off long ago, and it still seems to be spinning throughout my current rotation. Why don’t you give it a pulse, chop, or puree and let me know what you think.

Source: Pasta Primavera